PRIVACY NOTICE / STATEMENT
Irish Mortgage Network Ltd T/A Finance Matters is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Irish Mortgage Network T/A Finance Matters in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Tony Long
- Tony Long can be contact on 01 4925516 or @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Finance Matters which is the trading name of Irish Mortgage Network Ltd.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis by which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Finance Matters was established in 1997 to provide impartial finance advice on a range of products to clients focussed on their needs.
Based in Terenure, Finance Matters is a long established Financial Advisory Firm, well regarded in the business. Our goal is to provide quality advice and independent financial solutions to our clients. We want to help clients get their dream home and help them protect their families and provide for their retirement.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Tony Long
- 01 4925516
Purpose for processing your data
In order that we can provide you with our best in class advice and service you may provide us with personal information including name, address, dates of birth and details of your financial circumstances and in some cases personal sensitive data e.g. medical information
What we will use this information for:
We gather information about you for the purpose of:
- Making an application for Mortgage, Life, Pension and Investment products.
- To make recommendations about the products you currently hold with us.
- Decide how products you don’t currently hold might be suitable.
- We may use your information for direct marketing purposes when you have given us permission to do so.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you Mortgage, Life, Pension & Investment products, Finance Matters need to collect personal data for the Mortgage, Life, Pension & Investment applications. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – Finance Matters needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked us to progress an application so they can enter into a Mortgage, Life, Pension or Investment contract.
In any event, Finance Matters are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Finance Matters use the personal data it collects about me?
Finance Matters will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of Personal Data.
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below:
- we will obtain your explicit consent
Who are we sharing your data with?
We will only use this information to provide you with a range of Mortgage, Life, Pension and Investment and any other products which we believe may be in your best interest or to meet our regulatory obligations. We will therefore only pass information to our staff, support service providers, or at your request to other parties to use the data for the purposes required such as the financial institution from which you decide to purchase a product or service, except where other disclosure is required by law.
From time to time we would like to send you information about various products and services which we can arrange or provide for you. You have the right to ask us not to send you marketing information and you can decide to ask us to do this at any time. You may do this by email, telephone, or post.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Finance Matters in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Finance Matters procedures and GDPR requirements.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU, we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you, the data subject, are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Finance Matters facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject:
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if Finance Matters refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing:
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Finance Matters will retain/hold personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body Brokers Ireland and our internal governance
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Finance Matters or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Finance Matters data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data, the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
Financial and mortgage advisors using profiling in their business.
The main categories are:
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customers attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
Profiling for marketing purposes.
When we seek to contact you about other services, as outlined above we run automated queries on our computerised database to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on: 01 4925516 or email: email@example.com